Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Black Memories

I guess those living in Singapore can still vividly recall the recent 'Great Singapore Blackout' which occurred on 29/06/2004. For those who do not know, there was a massive blackout which affects most areas in Singapore for nearly 2 hours.

Why am I saying this? No, I'm not getting stale and running out of things to write. Actually, I stumbled upon this picture below while organizing my photos in my PC.

I can still remember the 'dark' experience. Firstly, there's no lights. Then, all of our modern technology will cease to function (fridge, TV, fan and *glup* no internet!!). The fact that it happened at night makes matters worse. Basically, you are unable to do anything but wait for the power to be back again. So as you can see, I spent those boring times playing with candles (A childhood activity, usually engaged during the Mid-Autumn Festival haha!)

             A glimmer of light in total darkness

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nostalgia sinks in, together with the reality that we are still as vulnerable as ever, isn't it?

July 28, 2004 at 12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u took tat pic??

jo

July 28, 2004 at 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home